My Adopted Kitties

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Too funny not to share...

Names have been changed to protect the identities of the...victims? People in this story. True story! LOL.

Given that I sometimes forget to do things, I'll occasionally leave something out as a reminder to myself...

Just so for worming kittens. I broke a tablet of Drontal into 4ths, to give to two kittens later in the day yesterday and left them on the kitchen counter, by the stove.

Don had asked me yesterday morning if I would re-fill his prescription when I went to Wal-Mart for milk, coffee and sugar. No problem. I got everything done and some other stuff too. I put the new bottle of his prescription where the old one was and added his very last tablet which was left, to the new bottle.

The day progressed as normal and he came home at 5:00. We ate dinner and watched tv.
About 6:30, I went over to the counter to get ready to give the pills to the kittens before I got a drink for myself. They were gone.
I looked on the floor, all over the counter, but couldn't find them.
I asked Kenzie if she moved them. She said no and followed me to ask Don if he had moved them. She knew what they were and is super up to snuff on my actions.

I went into the living room to ask Don where he'd put them. At first, he didn't understand why I was asking or what I was looking for.
When I'd described two, 1/4 tablets left by the stove - he said, "Oh, I took them already".

I replied, "Took them? What do you mean took them? Where are they? Where'd you put them?"

He says, "The last pill from my prescription, so I took it already."

Kenzie and I looked at each other, then back at him.
OMG!! I started to giggle, then laugh, and then cry from laughing so hard! Kenzie looked at him in total disbelief, her eyes got wide and she started laughing too!

Don kept asking, "What? What's so funny? What?!"

It took at least 20 mins for us to stop laughing to be able to explain to him that he'd wormed himself with Drontal!!
:-P


The lady who has basically taken me under her wing in this whole fostering thing sent this to me. And my mom and I agreed it had to be shared. Just another day in the life of fostering kittens...

Sometimes you get wormed, lol.

1 comment:

cathy said...

OMG, I have heard it all now....that is just too funny.