My Adopted Kitties

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wormer and Shots





The kits got their first set of shots today, and they got wormed (standard procedure). They were all pretty good with the worming except for Nuala, who didn't appreciate it at all, at all. She spit it out at least twice. They also got their first shots, a 4-in-1, and a Feline Leukemia shot. S. also brought her scale to weigh them. Mac is a whopping 2 lbs, 11 oz. Nuala was 2 lbs. 9 oz. I think it was (I'd get up and look at the sheet of paper, except Molly is asleep beside me), Keely was 2 lbs, 6.5 oz, and Molly (our lil' bit) was 2 lbs, 4 oz. All big enough to be fixed and adopted out.

The current plan is for Mac and Nuala to be fixed at the spay/neuter clinic next Saturday. I feel that they're big enough to handle it okay. Keely and Molly, we're holding off on. I know they weigh enough, but they're still such babies to me, I don't want something to go wrong. So we're going to hold of on them until at least the July clinic. By then, we figure they'll be plenty big.

Once they're fixed, they can go up for adoption. So Mac and Nuala will probably both be at our local adoption show at PetSmart the weekend of the 20th. I could take them on the 14th, but I figure I'll give them a little time to recuperate in normal surroundings, even though they recover really quickly being so young. I can't say that I won't be sad to see them go. They've become something like a part of the family. Better than cable, kittens are. So soft, and fluffy, and cuddly. But I know FuRR will get them in good homes, where they'll be loved and cared for and treated like a part of the family there, too.

No comments: